1. Start by clicking the Tools > Account Settings
2. The Email Accounts window appears.
3. Click the New button.
4. Enter the Name as you would like it to appear in the From field of outgoing emails.
5. Then enter your new Email Address and Password.
6. Tick the Manually configure server settings or additional server types checkbox. Click Next.
7. Ensure the Internet Email option is selected. Then click Next again.
8. Choose IMAP for Account Type under Server Information.
Now enter your Incoming and Outgoing servers setting in their respective text boxes.
Incoming mail server POP/IMAP : mail.domain.com
Outgoing mail server SMTP : mail.domain.com
(replace your OWN domain name for domain)
Incoming mail server POP/IMAP : serverhostname
Outgoing mail server SMTP : serverhostname
(serverhostname refers to the name of the server that is hosting your email
serverhostname can be found from your web hosting control panel server information section )
9. Enter the username where it should be referring to your full email address.
Then enter you email password.
10. Click the More Settings button.
11. Click Outgoing Server tab.Tick the My outgoing server (SMTP) requires authentication check box.
SMTP Authentication means that Outlook will login to your mail server even when sending email.
This will ensure that you are the only one that can send emails from your account.
12. Most SMTP servers use the same username and password as the incoming servers, so leave it selected.
13. Go to Advanced tab and change the port values based on your preference either SSL or NON-SSL.
Incoming IMAP : 143
Outgoing for IMAP : 587
Incoming IMAP : 993
Outgoing for IMAP : 465
NOTE : If you choose SSL settings,ensure to check This server requires an encrypted connection (SSL) box.
14. Click OK. Then click Next then click Finish.
That’s it! We’ve successfully setup an email account and can now start sending and receiving emails to and from that account from Outlook 2007.
Click Close button to exit setup.
Remember that you also have to create that email address in your hosting account before it will work.
Below will be a sample of video tutorial on "How to Setup an IMAP account in Outlook 2007"