1. Open Outlook and select File.
2. Click Add Account.
3. Check Manually configure server settings or additional server types.
4. Click Next.
5. Select Internet E-mail
6. Click Next.
7. Enter Your Name and E-mail Address
8. Choose IMAP as your account type
These are the incoming and outgoing server for SSL and NON-SSL.
Incoming server : mail.domain.com
Outgoing server : mail.domain.com
(replace your OWN domain name for domain)
Incoming server : serverhostname
Outgoing server : serverhostname
(serverhostname refers to the name of the server that is hosting your email
serverhostname can be found from your web hosting control panel server information section )
In Logon Information enter the email address and password that you created in the control panel
9. Click More Settings.
10. Select Outgoing Server and then My outgoing server (SMTP) requires authentication.
11. Go to Advanced tab and change the port values based on your preference either SSL or NON-SSL.
Incoming IMAP : 143
Outgoing for IMAP : 587
Incoming IMAP : 993
Outgoing for IMAP : 465
NOTE : If you choose SSL settings,ensure to check This server requires an encrypted connection (SSL) box.
For Root folder path enter INBOX with uppercase letters.
NOTE : DO NOT ENTER INBOX for root folder path shall you multiple sub folders created under Inbox folder. May just leave it blank.
12. Click Finish.
Below will be a sample of video tutorial on "How To Setup an IMAP Account in Microsoft Outlook 2010"