Two factor authentication (2FA) acts as an additional layer of security that requires additional verification apart from your username and password.
A unique 6-digit Transaction Authorisation Code (TAC) serves as a 2FA in MYNIC Selfcare. The TAC number will be sent to your registered mobile number to authenticate .my Domain Name Server (DNS) changes and several settings. This is to verify it is really you who wants to make the changes.
To receive TAC number, you must first register your mobile number at MYNIC Selfcare portal.
*Maximum of 6 (six) mobile numbers are allowed to be registered at one time.
How to Add or Update 2FA Mobile Number
1. Go to MYNIC Selfcare portal HERE
2. Enter your login details and click “Login”.
Note: If you have lost your Username or Password, please click on the "Forget Username" and "Forget Password" link to retrieve.
.my DOMAIN REGISTRY (MYNIC): Retrieving Username for .MY Domain
.my DOMAIN REGISTRY (MYNIC): Retrieving Password for .MY Domain
3. For first time user, this notification will appear (one-time only). You may register later or click Register Now button to add it immediately. Proceed to Step 5.
4. To add at a later time, click My Account on the left menu and click Security.
5. Click +Add 2FA Mobile No. button.
6. Add 2FA Mobile Number screen will pop-up. Insert your mobile number.
7. Tick the Default (Primary mobile no. to receive TAC) box to select it as your primary number to receive TAC.
8. Click Next button.
9. It is important for you to enter a correct/valid mobile number. Click Back to edit it. Click Submit button to add the mobile number.
10. A popup notification will be displayed. Select the mobile number from the drop-down list and click Submit button.
11. The registered mobile number will receive a TAC number. Enter the TAC and click Continue button to proceed.
12. If you did not receive the TAC, click Resend TAC button.
13. You will get a successful notification at the top right side of the portal.
To Delete 2FA Mobile Number
1. Refer to the Action column of the desired number and click Delete button.
2. The registered mobile number will receive a TAC number. Enter the TAC number and click Continue button.
3. You will get a successful notification at the top right side of the portal.
If you need further assistance, you may contact Mynic Customer Care HERE
Note: You do agree with MYNIC Policy & Procedure HERE.