Here are the steps to configure Outlook Express 4 :
- Launch Outlook Express.
- From the main window, click on "Tools" >> "Accounts".
- You should see a dialog box displayed as shown. Click on the "Mail" tab and choose "Add" >> "Mail".
- A new dialog box will appear to prompt you for your name. Enter your name accordingly. Then press "Next".
- You will be asked to key in your e-mail address. Then press "Next" to proceed.
Next, you will be prompted to enter your Incoming Mail (POP3) server and Outgoing Mail (SMTP) server names.
For the name of the Incoming Mail server, it will depend on your domain name. If you have a domain called "yourdomain.com", then you should configure it as "mail.yourdomain.com".
For SMTP server, you may enter the SMTP server name of your existing ISP. With webhosting, your outgoing SMTP server will be "smtp.yourdomain.com". Please refer to Email configuration standard in Setting Up E-mail Clients.
If in doubt, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org
- Then, in the next dialog box, key in your user Login ID and password. Your login ID is the same as your email address. Hence if your email address is "email@example.com", then your login ID is also "firstname.lastname@example.org".
- Finally, chooose your connection type and click "Next" to complete the configuration.